There doesn’t seem to be an easy way to sort articles in Shopify by title.
Inspired by this article, I developed a workaround for a single page of articles (i.e. with no pagination).
The procedure is as follows:
- Get Liquid to output all the HTML for the articles
- Give the root node of the list an id to reference later.
- For each article, set the class attribute to be what you want to sort on later.
- Use jQuery to grab the articles and do a sort based on that class value.
- Then append that sorted list back to the root node.